Записей:
Комментариев:
Написано: 1001

Metal Edge sep 2007.

Среда, 03 Октября 2007 г. 10:39 + в цитатник
Search все записи автора
#############################################################################

#############################################################################

в сентябрьский выпуск журнала Metal Edge включено самое длинное в истории Tool интервью с группой (аж целые семь страниц).

в сети уже появились некоторые выдержки из интервью (см. комментарии).  кстати это не первый раз, когда Metal Edge пишет о группе. например, вот заметка 98 года. или архив статьи из июльского номера 2006 года.
Рубрики:  без лишнего
Метки:  

Search   обратиться по имени Среда, 03 Октября 2007 г. 10:57 (ссылка)
http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=828
#######################################

Q: You don’t seem to mind if you rile up the media.

Carey: A lot of times we don’t even have to do it. It just does it itself. All these rumors… We’ve all died in car wrecks by now.

Keenan: Howard Stern has been keeping me out of his studio for years. I’m not even in New York, and he’s talking about how I’m in the lobby, wanting to come up to talk to him, and he says, “Get that guy outta here!” And I’m in L.A.

Jones: It also reflects – at least from my perspective – how sensationalized the media is that you can f**k back with that. You can do your own little spin on stuff back to the media.

Chancellor: It kind of protects the music as well. It’s like a distraction. People can think about all this rubbish, and in the meantime we can concentrate on doing music. It’s like a smoke screen.

Jones: It’s so funny that people say that the TOOL guys are difficult. We’re not difficult. We’re just not going to put up with the journalistic dogma of “build you up, chop you down.” There are a lot of journalists who don’t [care]. They’re just trying to get their next paycheck, and they’ll spin it any way the magazine wants them to spin it.
Ответить С цитатой В цитатник
Search   обратиться по имени Среда, 03 Октября 2007 г. 11:01 (ссылка)
http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=830
#######################################

Do you guys play practical jokes on each other?

MK: We haven’t lately.

DC: It’s been a while.

AJ: That’s not true. There was the kick drum face. We were in New Orleans, and Dan wanted to go see this drummer play. He’s played with Prince and Madonna, and now he’s on tour with his own rock band. We went down, and it was kind of a forty-ish crowd, very meat market. The guy was great. He’s a really good drummer, but he’s like 300 pounds and has a picture of himself….

DC: Airbrushed.

AJ: ….with sunglasses on his kick drum. So we thought “Man, that’s so stupid.” So we got two pictures of Dan, and at the next show we put them on his kick drum heads.

DC: I had never even seen them. I had no idea. I went through the whole show, and then a couple of people emailed me: “That’s cool, man, showing your pictures [on there].”

JC: Normally we fuck with our support band a little bit as well, towards the end [of the tour].

Do you guys shop at Justin’s bookstore?

MK: It’s a bit of a drive.

AJ: I tried but it was closed [laughter]

JC: A lot of people say that.

DC: “Be back in five minutes”

On Maynard’s taste in movies:

AJ: ….I really love going to the theater.

DC: It’s always cool to see a movie on the big screen.

Unless it sucks

DC: I don’t care.

AJ: Ask Maynard. He saw The Crow. Twice. Talk about a practical joke. “Dude you’ve got to see The Crow. It blew my mind!” And we all went.

MK: I’m in the back, watching them all go, “You’re a fucking asshole! This movie is fucking horrible!” “Ha ha ha! Want some popcorn?”

AJ: We kept waiting for that moment for it to get good.

MK: They got me back. The fucking dickhead got me back.

AJ: I got you a couple of times.

MK: He told me to check out Billy Madison because it was really funny, so I rented it. “You’re a fucking asshole.”
Ответить С цитатой В цитатник

Добавить комментарий:
Текст комментария: смайлики

Проверка орфографии: (найти ошибки)

Прикрепить картинку:

Переводить URL в ссылку
 Подписаться на комментарии
 Подписать картинку