Записей:
Комментариев:
Написано: 658

Buble's jazzy performance wows viewers

Воскресенье, 22 Июля 2007 г. 23:24 + в цитатник
TanyaB все записи автора
Friday, July 20, 2007
Bublé's jazzy performance wows viewers PDF  | Print |  E-mail

If you're living suburban life in Utah Valley circa 2007, it's safe to say that you will never find yourself in a New York nightclub listening to the smooth crooning jazz of Frank Sinatra or Sammy Davis Jr.

Fear not, dear friends, for your answer comes smartly packaged in the black-suited, knee-buckling Michael Bublé, who gave a show-stopping (and for many in the audience -- heart-stopping) performance Tuesday night at the E Center in West Valley City.

Dripping with the same charisma you'd imagine oozed from Frank's baby blues, Bublé kept every last audience member on edge -- and on their feet -- for a good hour and a half of brassy, big-band jazz.

However, a huge voice and a great smile weren't Bublé's sole charms. Quick-witted and endearingly genuine, here was a performer that never lost connection with his audience. At one point breaking "the fourth wall between the audience and the performers," Bublé jumped off the stage and ran through the E Center crowd, hugging and shaking the hands of his fans.

"I have a new appreciation for my fans," Bublé gushed. "You really should see my house."

But it's no great wonder that Bublé's career has been so lucrative thus far. At 31, the Canadian-born son of a fisherman and a housewife has made a name for himself with three major albums, two live records and tour dates that continue to sell out across the nation.

With showmanship like this, you can't help but simply smile and snap to the rhythm of songs like "Fever," "Call Me Irresponsible" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." And though jazz standards backed with a full brass band seemed to be his forte, Bublé's greatest applause came for his self-written, No. 1 hit, "Home," specifically when he implanted "Salt Lake City" into the closing lyrics.

Salt Lake City responded well, even when Bublé told audience members that he loved them so much he'd be willing to marry everyone in the crowd.

"And I hear you can do that here," he quipped afterward.

Though ticket prices were a bit steep, you'd be hard-pressed to find a performance more worth the money, whether at a swanky nightclub in midtown Manhattan or West Valley's E Center. Truly, the man who has dubbed himself "irresponsible" is more aptly branded, "irresistible."

Michael Bublé in concert

The E Center, July 17

1. I'm Your Man

2. It Had Better Be Tonight

3. Me and Mrs. Jones

4. Fever

5. Come Fly with Me

6. World on a String

7. Always on My Mind

8. Try a Little Tenderness

8. Once in My Life

10. Feeling Good