Суббота, 02 Октября 2010 г. 20:28
+ в цитатник
- 1 organic free-range chicken, about 1.6 kg, jointed into 6 pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 dried red chilli
- 100 g risotto rice
- 750 ml dry white wine
- large bunch of basil
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Season the chicken joints well all over with salt and pepper. Place a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is sizzling, brown the chicken pieces in batches, skin-side down, without turning, until they are golden brown. This will take about 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Pour off any excess fat, leaving a little in the casserole dish. Lower the heat, add the onion and sweat gently for about 10 minutes until soft and translucent. Now add the garlic and crumble in the dried chilli. Stir once or twice, then tip in the rice and toss it through.
- Increase the heat slightly, pour in the wine and return the chicken to the pot. Put the lid on, turn the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. By this time, the chicken should be cooked through and the rice will have a gentle bite to it.
- Tear the basil with your fingers and scatter over the chicken. Stir through, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary; it will probably need more salt.
- Serve in warm soup plates drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil. Buttered spinach and little glazed carrots are nice accompaniments.