-Музыка

-Поиск по дневнику

Поиск сообщений в Mike_Shinoda

-Подписка по e-mail

-Сообщества

Участник сообществ (Всего в списке: 6) _Phoenix Brad_Delson Chester_Bennington Joe_Hahn LPUnderground Rob_Bourdon

-Статистика

Статистика LiveInternet.ru: показано количество хитов и посетителей
Создан: 02.04.2005
Записей:
Комментариев:
Написано: 1198

Чат с Майком Шинодой

Пятница, 16 Декабря 2005 г. 18:59 + в цитатник
Street_angel все записи автора Fort Minor Chat: Mike Shinoda 20-11-05
* Welcome to Fort Minor Militia, mikeshinoda !
mikeshinoda (09:57): yeah yeah yeah
jonandbt (09:57): One question each for Mike. Lets go.
xxjeannexx (09:57): PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RANDOM MESSAGES. WE WILL KICK IF NEED BE
jonandbt (09:58): Ok. Mike, pick a letter. a - z
* mikeshinoda (09:58): you pick
jonandbt (09:58): z
xxjeannexx (09:58): DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS YET
DarthYak (09:58): wait till jon calls for the letter that starts your screen name before sending questions
xxjeannexx (09:58): WAIT FOR JON'S PROMPT
xxjeannexx (09:58): "Z" GO
jonandbt (09:58): Z! We need Z questions
jonandbt (09:58): Z ???? questions
DarthYak (09:58): Those whose screen name starts with Z send in yoru questions
* mikeshinoda (09:58): you know how it is...people get nervous or maybe dont have questions
xxjeannexx (09:59): IF YOU ASK TOURING/PERSONAL QUESTIONS YOU WILL BE REMOVED.
jonandbt (09:59): X Y Z - questions
jonandbt (09:59): anyone from x y or z
* mikeshinoda (09:59): thats a good idea. X Y Z
* mikeshinoda (09:59): are they voiced?
jonandbt (09:59): ok T U V W X Y Z
jonandbt (09:59): anyone who's username begins with any of those letters ask a question
xxjeannexx (10:00): we dont have voice set up on this chat yet
xxjeannexx (10:00): nav's going ot look into it
* mikeshinoda (10:00): ahhh ok
tensai (10:00): Hey Mike! So loving the album. I think my favorite is “Kenji.” My question is, who did you record telling their stories for the song? Did you work with relatives, or did you find other people with experiences to share?
DarthYak (10:00): Guys dont' ask questions like "when is FM coming to my country?" you will be removed from the chat
xxjeannexx (10:00): we're having to improvise
Yami no Tsuki (10:00): what is most important aspect of your life - music or drawing?
xero theory (10:00): hey mike i have been a big fan of you since xero and i have supported you since, anyways since you took of from linkin park and started fort minor was one of the songs you wanted to do was get me gone?
* mikeshinoda (10:00): cool thanks. on kenji, that's my dad and my aunt. he's second to youngest and she's oldest of 12 siblings
DarthYak (10:01): dont' send in random comments only questions are being passed adn only by those whose SN starts with teh letters called on
ashlp (10:01): what do u see in the futue or want in the futue for urself, Fort Minor and Linkin Park ??
jonandbt (10:01): T U V W X Y Z - we need your questions.
Yami no Tsuki (10:01): MIKE, what is most important aspect of your life - music or drawing?
* mikeshinoda (10:01): LP / FM...get me gone is a little glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes. the other guys laughed out loud when i played that song
* mikeshinoda (10:01): for the first time
2EXIST (10:02): Mike im doin' ma solo rap project called 2exist ,what kind of music software u are using for making those beats?antares?
xxjeannexx (10:02): if you submit your question more than once, you will be removed as well
Taylor_M.ShinodaLP (10:02): are you thinking of a second album?
xxjeannexx (10:02): we need your full cooperation for this chat to run smoothly
xxjeannexx (10:02): thank you
xxjeannexx (10:02): i meant that for everyone, not just feanor <.<
ClEfTeVeRyThInG.baby Cah_LP (10:02): Hy Mike !!! I'm Ivana, and I am a dancer of hip hop and break dance. Can you dance hip hop and break ?
* mikeshinoda (10:03): ashlp: what do u see in the futue or want in the futue for urself, Fort Minor and Linkin Park ?? -- i think we'll have to wait and see. we'll be making another FM video (dont know what) and an LP album hopefully be out towards the later half of next yea
jonandbt (10:03): S - anyone who's name begins with S
* mikeshinoda (10:03): 2EXIST: Mike im doin' ma solo rap project called 2exist ,what kind of music software u are using for making those beats?antares? -- protools, mpc, keyboards,guitar, bass, percussion...anything that works
Sartale (10:03): Hey, Mike. I just have to say, I'm a massive fan of everything you do, from the music to the art.
How long do you intend to keep things going in Fort Minor, and will this affect Linkin Park at all?
SLeePyHeaD (10:04): Hey Mike. That one day in the studio where Celph Titled spent most of the time in the bathroom... Celph said that Cheapshot rapped his bits instead. That true? If yes, what happened with that?
* mikeshinoda (10:04): Taylor_M.ShinodaLP: are you thinking of a second album? -- maybe. we'll see how it goes on this one
xxjeannexx (10:04): S only, please
xxjeannexx (10:04): no other letter
*-Shi-* -=®DamosS®=- (10:04): how did u decide to create a new band?what is the reason?i hope it isn't that u r goin' to leave LP.
* mikeshinoda (10:04): Sartale: Hey, Mike. I just have to say, I'm a massive fan of everything you do, from the music to the art. How long do you intend to keep things going in Fort Minor, and will this affect Linkin Park at all? -- i think i kinda answered that...we're doing a
xxjeannexx (10:04): S ONLY
xxjeannexx (10:04): NO OTHER LETTER OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED
* mikeshinoda (10:04): new LP album right now, to put out later next year
Svetlana (10:05): Hello. Mike has Fort Minor changed you? How? Thanks. P.S. Please, say hi to old Russia fans, we love every think you do.
* mikeshinoda (10:05): SLeePyHeaD: Hey Mike. That one day in the studio where Celph Titled spent most of the time in the bathroom... Celph said that Cheapshot rapped his bits instead. That true? If yes, what happened with that? -- funny, we'll have to put that track out there
mikeshinoda (10:05): has Fort Minor changed you? -- no.
Olimpia (10:06): Will you make more videos for FM
xxjeannexx (10:06): mike, thanks for copying the questions with your responses!
mikeshinoda (10:06): im trying
jonandbt (10:06): This is irritating if people not from the letters ask questions. LETTER S. Mike, you're doing fine.
xxjeannexx (10:06): definitely helps us out
Sil.H (10:06): hello mike!It is great to talk to you! i'd like to know what's your method to write and construct lyrics!?
mikeshinoda (10:06): Mike, you're doing fine. - why thank you you are too
jonandbt (10:07): *blush*. R
jonandbt (10:07): people from the letter R
mikeshinoda (10:07): what's your method to write and construct lyrics!? -- i just sit down and write. it's good to write often. every day if you can. i like to write on the computer, so i can copy and paste, erase and move things around
RTN (10:07): Hey Mike. Thanks for the awesome CD. What was the hardest thing to do while making TRT?
mikeshinoda (10:08): was kicked out by DarthYak! -- YAK LAYIN DOWN THE LAW
jonandbt (10:08): Leter R only.
xxjeannexx (10:08): LOL
jonandbt (10:08): Yak's piimpslappin them
xxjeannexx (10:08): fo sho
jonandbt (10:08): The letter R only or we'll get a yakslap
mikeshinoda (10:08): shamon shamon
Rotten (10:08): Before my question mike, i want to say you "thanks", because of the help you've given to me when i needed, i would know one thing, how can you describe in some words emotions that no one can perfectly understand or just cannot explain, like in part of me?
jonandbt (10:08): P And Q
spin (10:09): were the guys in LP ok with u to have a solo ...did they have any objection.
mikeshinoda (10:09): i would know one thing, how can you describe in some words emotions that no one can perfectly understand or just cannot explain, like in part of me? -- thanks. i don't have aformula for writing, i just try to write honest lyrics that i think sum up the
mikeshinoda (10:09): emotions people feel
princesskenji (10:09): Hey Mike, the London gig was awesome! You guys rocked.
Is there anyone you would have really liked to have worked with on TRT that you didnt get the chance to?
Rhazmuz (10:09): Hey mike, Fm is superb - record of the year in my opinion, what beat on TRT do u find most different?
SamiaLP (10:09): Mike, before i ask my question i just want to say you are the best hip-hop singer, you rock man!thanx for all the inspiration you give me everyday!ok now i'm going to ask my question..what was the main difference among recording an LP album and a FM album?
mikeshinoda (10:10): Is there anyone you would have really liked to have worked with on TRT that you didnt get the chance to? -- i think i worked with everyone i wanted to on this album. i like a lot of different artists, so i could work with more later...
jonandbt (10:10): N and O - go.
jonandbt (10:10): N and O only.
mikeshinoda (10:10): what was the main difference among recording an LP album and a FM album? - the other guys werent there!
*Niels*Jansen* mikeshinoda (10:10): Hey mike!! The MF performance at Lowlands was awesome; thanks for signing my beautiful orange shirt (okay its beautiful now, lol)!!! Here’s my question: What is the main difference in the content of the lyrics between FM and Linkin Park?
Night Witch (10:10): Mike, what's the main goal in your life?
DarthYak (10:11): Do not PM me your questions! I will not pass them on to mike
mikeshinoda (10:11): what beat on TRT do u find most different? - maybe kenji
jonandbt (10:11): What was mor enjoyable to make - the mixtape or the album?
Negative Vibes (10:11): When writing lyrics do you tend to pick a topic first or just write what comes to your mind and let the pen flow? And by the way TRT is absoloutley amazing thank you
jonandbt (10:11): mike is the pace ok for you?
mikeshinoda (10:11): What is the main difference in the content of the lyrics between FM and Linkin Park? - the FM lyrics felt really personal to me. i had a tough time writing some of them, but at the end, i was really happy w how it all turned out
xxjeannexx (10:12): remember, no personal or touring questions or you will be removed
mikeshinoda (10:12): What was mor enjoyable to make - the mixtape or the album? - bothe werre enjoyable. mixtape was more loose. album was more concntrated
*Niels*Jansen* mikeshinoda (10:12): What was your source of inspiration for ‘Red to Black’? I really like that song, also the vocals. Is it true the lyrics have a little bit a reggae sound??
jonandbt (10:12): mikeshinoda = mike....shinoda
mikeshinoda (10:12): When writing lyrics do you tend to pick a topic first or just write what comes to your mind and let the pen flow? - i let it flow, but there is usually a little bit of a structure to each verse
jonandbt (10:13): LETTER M!
jonandbt (10:13): anyone beginning with M
mikeshinoda (10:13): What was your source of inspiration for ‘Red to Black’? I really like that song, also the vocals. Is it true the lyrics have a little bit a reggae sound?? - i didn't hear reggae, but that's cool. i like some reggae
Mistress-kenji (10:13): Mike, you inspire me, I look up to you, your just an all around great person, love you good luck with the album! Okay my question is…..If you could choose one CRAZY way to promote Fort Minor what would you do? (u cant choose FM fans, something u would do)
mikeshinoda (10:13): used to listen to shabba. chaka demus and pliers. others...
Mich LP FM (10:14): Is SprayPaint N Ink a true story? 'cause else I'm going to write a story about it Btw, YOU FRAKIN' ROCK!! Love the Pukkelpop concert!!
mikeshinoda (10:14): If you could choose one CRAZY way to promote Fort Minor what would you do? (u cant choose FM fans, something u would do) - i like when people make their own materials; posters, shirts, and other stuff that people see. it's great to see that stu
jonandbt (10:14): And where is Lupe Fiasco non the Cd?
mikeshinoda (10:15): stuff up around music stores, clubs, concert venues, etc
DarthYak (10:15): Guys only names starting with the letter called on cansubmit questions that will be passed
mikeshinoda (10:15): where is Lupe Fiasco non the Cd? - he's on the special edition. "be somebody"
jonandbt (10:15): its the letter M
DarthYak (10:15): if your name doesnt' start with that letter you will be kicked
mikeshinoda (10:15): are you gonna kick jon
DarthYak (10:15): nah too much work mike.
MayLinG (10:15): Mike,i have to admit that at the begin fort minor scares me a little but now i love it! so my question is...
when you're creating your music, what do you do first? the instrumental part or lyrics? what is easier to you?
mikeshinoda (10:15): THE CRAFT is on TNT. good movie
xxjeannexx (10:16): lol
xxjeannexx (10:16): we should kick jon for asking questions out of turn
DarthYak (10:16): yes we should
jonandbt (10:16): Letter L!
xxjeannexx (10:16): i'll kick him after the chat
mikeshinoda (10:16): when you're creating your music, what do you do first? the instrumental part or lyrics? what is easier to you? - i do different parts first. where'd you go - piano, then chorus. cigarettes - verses. RTN - strings, then hook
DarthYak (10:16): ONly names starting witht eh letter L submit questions
lalapeja smallpianoplayer (10:17): hey! I wanted to ask something about "where'd you go" (by the way, I love this song (like every song on the album, it's just amazing) about what exactly is it, it sounds like a lost realasonship, is it about something what happened already to you?
LPmaggot (10:17): Hey Mike, Xeno Dowler and I (dowler isnt on) are doing dolla to promote in our school,anyway, is there anything in rap you disaprove of? Like the shootings etc,and kudos for putting out a clean album version man
mikeshinoda (10:17): hey! I wanted to ask something about "where'd you go" (by the way, I love this song (like every song on the album, it's just amazing) about what exactly is it, it sounds like a lost realasonship, is it about something what happened already to you?
leoh_lp (10:17): Which was its intention when recording Get Me Gone?
jonandbt (10:18): only the letter L. Breathe guys.
mikeshinoda (10:18): a lot of songs are written about being "on tour" -- that song is from the person at home's perspective. it's somewhat generalized, though. i thought that way, it would make a better story. it seems to relate to more than just that story though:
DarthYak (10:18): Only names starting with the Letter L submit questions
mikeshinoda (10:18): people whose parents are divorced, people who have someone away in the army, people whose parents/loved one work too much
mikeshinoda (10:19): Which was its intention when recording Get Me Gone? - to put the story out there. and to let journalists know that i'm tired of being misquoted
jonandbt (10:19): ANyone who's name begins wit ha K!
xxjeannexx (10:19): look for the new lp album next year
mikeshinoda (10:19): i do email interviews as much as possible now :0
KrylonShadow (10:19): I've already asked Holly Brook and Celph Titled and they both said they could not answer this question. Why is everybody so petrified? (And can the Fort Minor Militia get a shoutout?)
DarthYak (10:19): only send your question when your Letter is called on
kasaweb (10:20): How are we supposed to promote Fort Minor in a country (Morocco) where it's not distributed ? We have many hip hop lovers here, and i'm doing my best to introduce FM to them, even with mp3 of the album. Is MSR planing to expand the distributing ?
kaiti (10:20): I've been wanting to ask you this for a really long time but never had an opportunity .... What's it like to have so many people that you've never met singing these words that you helped write, both in LP and FM?Is that something that you can get used to?
kaiti (10:20): I've been wanting to ask you this for a really long time but never had an opportunity .... What's it like to have so many people that you've never met singing these words that you helped write, both in LP and FM?Is that something that you can get used to?
mikeshinoda (10:20): Why is everybody so petrified? - i've been asking myself the same question!
DarthYak (10:20): We're on letter K so if your name starts with K send in your question
paola_shinoda (10:20): mike, please answer it. Alongside with Hip-Hop, which were your influences to do the album, as the sound, melody and in lyrics?
mikeshinoda (10:20): What's it like to have so many people that you've never met singing these words that you helped write, both in LP and FM?Is that something that you can get used to? - really weird feeling, as you can imagine. i am very grateful
Krylontech (10:21): Were there times while making the album when you were really frustrated? If so what songs bugged you the most? Thanx for TRT you're my hero
mikeshinoda (10:21): Hip-Hop, which were your influences to do the album, as the sound, melody and in lyrics? - boogie down productions, NWA, run dmc, wu tang, juice crew, kool g rap
mikeshinoda (10:21): Were there times while making the album when you were really frustrated? If so what songs bugged you the most? Thanx for TRT you're my hero - thanks. i think red to black was hard to do. slip out the back was a little tough too. a lot of the songs c
mikeshinoda (10:22): came pretty easily
jonandbt (10:22): Leter J - go
mikeshinoda (10:22): lots of people in here w the same last name as me. weird haha
jessabomb (10:22): For the intro of 'Get Me Gone' on the album, it says something along the lines of a producer or someone saying something like you should stop raping with Linkin Park and stick to the keyboards cause the band already had a singer, is that true? And are they
mikeshinoda (10:22): JJJJJJ
Justyna (10:22): hey mike, you pick really awesome people to make a record with you, because of trt I know SoB, and really thanks for that! and my question is - are you going to appear on a new SoB album?
jalynn337705 (10:22): Hey Mike, it's great you are taking time out from your schedule to chat. I was wondering,since for the most part you produced TRT, will you be producing any other albums for other artists or perhaps doing some producing on Linkin Parks upcoming album?
DarthYak (10:22): Guys only SN's starting weith the letter J submit your questions
mikeshinoda (10:22): For the intro of 'Get Me Gone' on the album, it says something along the lines of a producer or someone saying something like you should stop raping with Linkin Park and stick to the keyboards cause the band already had a singer, is that true?
mikeshinoda (10:22): yes.
jessica (10:22): Hy Mike!all album gonna be videos?
mikeshinoda (10:23): he wanted me to play keys instead of rap. ha
xxjeannexx (10:23): glad you didn't listen. . .
mikeshinoda (10:23): I was wondering,since for the most part you produced TRT, will you be producing any other albums for other artists or perhaps doing some producing on Linkin Parks upcoming album?- i actually help on production on all of LP's albums...
jonandbt (10:23): no asking tour questions like....that
mikeshinoda (10:23): and yes, i may be doing more production soon
mikeshinoda (10:24): dont know what yet
mikeshinoda (10:24): i have a song that might be lupe's album
jonandbt (10:24): Letter I - go.
jonandbt (10:24): @ lupe
mikeshinoda (10:24): Hy Mike!all album gonna be videos? - nope, just one more song i think
IN_D_N (10:24): What's your opinion on fans who constantly criticizes your work negatively?
btw, once your copy of the YRB issue got to you, can you tell ryoji 'bout it so he won't like, stress out 'cause he can't find it, please? *lolol*
mikeshinoda (10:24): maybe two
jonandbt (10:25): mariana - mike is here now
mikeshinoda (10:25): What's your opinion on fans who constantly criticizes your work negatively? - some of them have a good point, a lot just differ in opiniion. a lot of times, they just haven't really listened to the songs. they just listen 1 or 2 times and form an opinion
DarthYak (10:25): wait until the letter that starts your sn is called to submit a question
jonandbt (10:25): only the letter i at the moment
jonandbt (10:25): lets go for the letter H!
handkerchief (10:26): What inspired you to write Cigarettes? Or if you don't want to answer that... Coke or Pepsi?
hiddentalentz (10:26): Hey, Mike! Love the album! What was the first song you began working on?
xxjeannexx (10:26): linkinspud - H only, sorry
HeavenDrive (10:26): how u doin mike?why isn't Band merch willing to ship F M merchandise to malaysia?and um.....wat will we have to do to help u promote ur album?
heart_lp (10:26): Hi Mike! It's so great to see here and honestly, I'm really nervous lol aynways my question for you is Where do you get your inspiration when you draw/paint something? for ex: album covers..
xxjeannexx (10:26): if/when we prompt for L questions
jonandbt (10:27): letter H only
mikeshinoda (10:27): a lot of people criticize the more simple lines...you gotta realize that those lines are intentionally simple. like petrified. look how the song starts super simple and builds to a more complex pattern. it obviously not an accident
xxjeannexx (10:27): like i said - if or when we prompt again, sorry
xxjeannexx (10:27): please stop asking
mikeshinoda (10:27): Where do you get your inspiration when you draw/paint something? - i just paint what comes to mind. it's like "stream of consciousness"
jonandbt (10:27): letter G
mikeshinoda (10:28): i did 10 paintings for TRT. i joke and say they're a cross between a rorshach test and a coloring book
graffitidekorations (10:28): Sup Mike. I was just wondering, what was your favorite experience while making this album? Any funny stories? By the way, the album is totally dope and I'm watching The Craft too, haha. Also, my friend Kate who goes to Art Center says hi.
Gregory (10:28): Some of my kids whom I've given the leak/mixtape to are amazed, saying that you prolly leaked FM's materials on purpose. Comments?
p.s. pls, poke your tour manager to give out the tour dates to us fans
graffitidekorations (10:28): Sup Mike. I was just wondering, what was your favorite experience while making this album? Any funny stories? By the way, the album is totally dope and I'm watching The Craft too, haha. Also, my friend Kate who goes to Art Center says hi.
Gary (10:29): thanks for TRT it's awesome. we all know that you have something with art and cartoons (the transformers from Somewhere I Belong video are definitely some of your belongings), so i want to know what (japanese) cartoons you like
mikeshinoda (10:29): what was your favorite experience while making this album? Any funny stories? - black thought came in, smoked weed for three or four hours, and did his verse in less than 30 minutes. he was amazing.
xxjeannexx (10:29): LMFAO
xxjeannexx (10:29): and then got sushi? <.<
jonandbt (10:29): BT was ehre a few days ago and ran off cause he had munchies
jonandbt (10:29): i kinda ruined chat <.< Letter F
mikeshinoda (10:29): SOB and i had a lot of fun whenever we were in the studio, too. if you havent heard about the celph titled story, you gotta hear it.
mikeshinoda (10:30): we all know that you have something with art and cartoons (the transformers from Somewhere I Belong video are definitely some of your belongings), so i want to know what (japanese) cartoons you like - i like
fortminorishot (10:30): hey mike is there some way i can send lyrics ive written directly to you? i know its not related to TRT but i think it would be really cool if you could read some of my material! thank you for what you've done so far, and keep it up! its excellent!
DarthYak (10:30): ONly names starting with the letter F submit yoru questions
FMstreetsNPnLP (10:30): What would you say to ppl who arent familiar with You, SOB, and the other artists, about FM?
mikeshinoda (10:30): manga and vinyl figures and all that stuff. it's just a collection. i have a grumpy bear and an original skeletor too.
Freakin (10:30): at first: the hamburg-concert was awesome!!! ^^ and my question: who had the idea of the petrified-video?
mikeshinoda (10:31): What would you say to ppl who arent familiar with You, SOB, and the other artists, about FM? - FM is an organic hip hop album, an alternative to all the hip hop out there right now that is so similar. listen to a few tracks to understand. (not just one)
fortminorishot (10:31): grr i screwed up... hey mike is there some way i can send lyrics ive written directly to you? i know its not related to TRT but i think it would be really cool if you could read some of my material! thank you for what you've done so far, and keep it up! it
xxjeannexx (10:31): only submit your question once or you willbe removed.
xxjeannexx (10:31): thank you.
mikeshinoda (10:31): who had the idea of the petrified-video? - robert (the director) and i came up w it together
freezer (10:32): Hi,Mike.First,I would like to say thank you for your music and lyrics.My question is "How many songs did you actually write for this album and how did you decide which one to be in this album?"
jonandbt (10:32): Letter E!
mikeshinoda (10:32): hey mike is there some way i can send lyrics ive written directly to you? - sorry, i dont do that b/c there are people who do that to artists, then claim that they wrote the bands songs. its sad, but it's a fact of life. im sure you are posting them on t
mikeshinoda (10:33): the MB for other people to see, though, which is good
esaul (10:33): I heard that the strings part of "Believe Me" was from Apple Garage Band. Is this true? If so, why did you take an unoriginal beat and put it under Fort Minor? (Did you know Fort Minor is listed under Alternative Rock at Walmart.Com?)
jonandbt (10:33): Letter E
Рубрики:  все остальное

Добавить комментарий:
Текст комментария: смайлики

Проверка орфографии: (найти ошибки)

Прикрепить картинку:

Переводить URL в ссылку
 Подписаться на комментарии
 Подписать картинку