Создан: 18.08.2007
Записей: 58
Комментариев: 48
Написано: 126

lds в pop культуре(простите,инглиш)

Четверг, 06 Сентября 2007 г. 12:53 + в цитатник
ВАЦЯЦЯ все записи автора
The Aquabats.....ska
The Aquabats are an eight-man band. Currently, 2 of the Aquabats are LDS: Christian Jacobs and Chad Larson, the bassist. They're both active and attend
the same ward in Orange County, CA. Band member Travis Barker is not a member of the church. In 1995, they self published their debut album: The Return of the Aquabats

Dishwalla - alternative
Dishwalla was formed in 1992. Scot Alexander, the bassist, is a member of the Church. He writes a lot of the music including their hit "Counting Blue Cars" .

Scott told Famousmormons.net : "I think it's very positive for them (The Youth) to see that you can be LDS and out in the entertainment/sports whatever industry and still uphold our standards and make a positive influence as a result."

They released thier4th studio album in March
of 05' (titled simply Dishwalla). Scot is a Sunbeam teacher . He is married with
4 kids.

The Killers - modern rock
The Killers were nominated for MTVU "Woodie" Award - Best Emerging Artist. They were also selected as one of the top ten finalists for the 2004 Shortlist Music Prize for Artists Achievement in Music. Brandon Flowers, a Mormon from Las Vegas has spoken out about his chosen career path and his religious beliefs: "Being a Mormon is just like following any religion. It's not much different than a lot of them. But it's difficult sometimes when you are on the road."

Low......indie rock
It’s no secret that two-thirds of Low – guitarist Alan Sparhawk and drummer Mimi Parker, also husband and wife – are practicing Mormons... References do pop up every now and then, though.

Brendon Urie - band member Panic! At the Disco
“I grew up a Mormon, so they wanted me to go on a mission—normally, I would be on a mission right now because I’m 19,” Urie says. “Then they wanted me to go to BYU Provo [Brigham Young University] in Utah, which is kind of the standard thing that every Mormon kid does growing up. I wanted to go to a college for cosmetology if I hadn’t done the band, so we wanted different things. That made it hard to convince them, at 17, that this was a smart thing for me.”
Рубрики:  почитать

hinata_lds   обратиться по имени Четверг, 06 Сентября 2007 г. 23:06 (ссылка)
Это здорово!!!Есть же такие люди!!!А еще мне миссионер сказал что когда они идут в приход по воскресеньям, то их фанаты тоже идут туда же))забавно...но на самом деле я слышала что они не активные(((А еще барабанщик из Блинков тоже раньше был Момоном))эх...
Ответить С цитатой В цитатник
ВАЦЯЦЯ   обратиться по имени Четверг, 06 Сентября 2007 г. 23:12 (ссылка)
hinata_lds, ну да...он был барабанщиком в the aqubats....
ну да...если подумать,то очень турдно быить членом церкви знаменитостью,очень много искушений....очень очень
Ответить С цитатой В цитатник

Добавить комментарий:
Текст комментария: смайлики

Проверка орфографии: (найти ошибки)

Прикрепить картинку:

Переводить URL в ссылку
 Подписаться на комментарии
 Подписать картинку