45 spectacular designs for handcrafting with paper cuttings.
The art of paper cutting has a long history. Ancient cuttings, some dating from before 1000 B.C., have been excavated in China's Xinjiang province. Today, paper cutting is a popular handcraft worldwide, with a variety of applications.
Paper Cutouts features 45 designs of stunning motifs that can be used around the home or framed as elegant artworks. Each design includes a full-sized template to photocopy in advance. The authors provide step-by-step instructions that explain how to fold and cut, with the intricate designs revealed in white or colored paper.
The designs include:
* A hanging lamp
* Room dividers and screens
* Motif rounds (swans, winter chalets, angels)
* Motif squares (spring, summer, winter, autumn)
* Wall friezes (under the sea; garden; on the farm)
* Repeating motifs (bird on a branch, fern, scarabs)
* Mirror motifs (dragons, herons).
Paper Cutouts is a beautiful how-to guidebook for this ancient handcraft and a unique showcase of modern designs for artists and crafters.